Tuesday 10 April 2018

ADVENTURES OF MR FAARI AN ENCOUNTER WITH AN ILLITERATE BEAUTY

By Femi Abulude
      
  I met this charming beautiful lady in a bank recently. She was tall and light in complexion.she dressed as if she was going for a ceremony . this surprised me because it was a Monday morning. Another surprise was her facial make-up and perfume which were excessive.


       She approached me and requested for my pen which I was using to fill my teller. She waited until I finished and I handed over the pen to her. The way she held the pen amused me and this drew my curiousity. After illegible scribbling and crossing out, she moved closer to me and whispered

           “Edakun, kinni sipelin tati tausan?” meaning “ please, how do I spell thirty thousand?”
 When she saw my amazement,she quickly added  “Arabinrin ti mon ba mi fili re o wa sibi ise loni, e joo e ba mi fili re” meaning  “ Can you please help me fill the forms, the lady that always assisted me is not on duty today.”

      I collected the forms and pen from her out of pity and assisted her as she requested. She did not stop at thirty thousand naira, she transferred over two hundred and fifty thousand naira to various accounts. When we were through, she gave me an appreciative smile revealing the white set of teeth I have ever seen. She introduced herself as Adunni Alaso asiko, a textile dealer. She opened her purse and offered me her card. I was still appreciating her beauty when she opened the bank door and walked towards the car park. I could still see her through the glass wall.

         Adunni approached a brown colour Toyota Venza car, opened the door and drove out of the bank premises.

          There is a disconnect somewhere. Adunni is rich but illiterate. What happened? Didn’t she go to school? I looked at the card she gave me and quickly saved her number on my phone. I must see this lady again.
BAHAVE RESPONSIBLY; AIDS IS REAL


No comments :

Post a Comment