Thursday 11 May 2017

ADVENTURES OF MR. FAARI FUNMI ASUN!



There was this young girl I admired a lot, she was very pretty, tall, dark and intelligent. Her smile could illuminate a room. No matter the level of provocation meted to her she would never be angry. I learnt that she had just finished her OND and was assisting her uncle to serve in his beer joint.

I have been watching her at some distance before I eventually hit the nail on the head. She neither agreed nor disagreed. Any time I called her, she would give me audience. I prodded her further and collected her phone number which she gladly obliged. The following day, I was sent to Kaduna to cover a story. Unfortunately, I lost my phone during the trip. When I got back to Lagos, our relationship started on a full throttle.
Several months later, a girl sauntered into the beer joint smiling at me and Funmi. I looked at Funmi and saw the glaring similarities between the two girls. This was the girl I first met! I was confused.

I later on gathered that the one I first met was the young sister called Kunmi. In my confusion and hasty state of mind, I had mistaken her for Funmi. I learnt that Kunmi had to travel back to her school to collect her transcript. That explained her sudden absence from the scene.
It was not really a matter of confusion on their part as I later on gathered. It was unanimous decision between the two sisters that Kunmi whom I first met should step aside for her elder sister because there was family pressure on her to get married. Can it work? Faari to get married? We shall all see.
Behave responsibly; Aids is Real!



No comments :

Post a Comment