Saturday 16 July 2016

WE THOUGHT IT WAS FUN: KATE DISAPPEARED AND I BECAME A LIVING DEAD.

I was my parent’s pet, being their first and only female child. They were always dotting over me. Dad claimed I resembled his late mother, therefore mum, who agreed with him was always treating me like her re-incarnated mother in-law. “Iya Oko mi” she called me.  What I got myself involved in on the campus was a great contrast from the pampering and affection I got from my dotting parents. When I now looked back, with hindsight, probably the kid gloves treatment I got at home was responsible for the deviant and adventurous girl I turned to in school.  The freedom I got was soothing and challenging. Therefore I went headlong in enjoying myself to the hilt.
I did not just graduate into a campus hippy, the first set of room mates I had were hyper social. the three of them; Shile, Edile and Kate (we were four in a room) were so exposed that the issue of virginity did not mean much to them within few months of our association, they encouraged me to discard the “archaic” idea of preserving my virginity till my wedding day. They were always taunting me with the  issue, therefore when the opportunity came, I got disvirgined by a guy who did not even show any sign of appreciation for getting the prize.
We were jumping from one gig to the other. There was even a particular time we had to travel out to Ghana as hostesses in one of the international conferences held in that country.
Through these numerous social outings, I had met many dignitaries and even state governors and federal ministers. I soon got to realize that the word hostess was another acronym for sleeping partner or harlot. Therefore when Kate invited me out on this fateful night, I knew quite alright what we were going for. This man’s friend, one Alhaji who had just come to town requested for a partner for his friend for the night. This was not the first time I had followed Kate to such impromptu outings. Despite the fact that I had a test the following day I decided to follow her.
This Alhaji was very rich quite alright by all standards but he was the ugliest man I ever met. His set of teeth was brown and stained.  He had a very big head, barrel chest and short limps. These eyes were big and blood shot.  The most detestable thing was his smoking habit. He was always puffing at this enormous cigarette as if his whole existence depended on it.
Well, we had already entered the room and I did not want to disappoint Kate, who had earlier on connected me with many handsome and profitable men. There and then, I decided that after that night, I would never have anything to do with this Dracula of a man. The beast sat on the bed, he had already removed his clothes with only boxer’s pants on. He beckoned on me to come and join him. I realized he had not talked much since we entered the room, apart from asking if I cared for a drink, which I rejected he did not say anything again. I obeyed his gesture, removed my dress, including my undies and joined him. He suddenly sprang up and went to where he kept his briefcase and removed a bale of one thousand naira notes and divided it into two and handed the other half to me. I did a mental calculation, what I was handling should be about fifty thousand naira or there about I went to where my bag was and kept the money.  I went back to him on the bed. When I realized that he was not bringing out condom I asked him why. He said there was no need for it.
He saw the confusion on my face. He explained that he was not going to have canal sex with me parse; he would be satisfied with just savouring my body.  Suddenly his countenance changed. He ordered me to lie down and open my legs wide. Fearfully, I obeyed him. To my chagrin, Alhaji attempted to dip his right big toe in my cunt! on a closer look I saw a blackish ring on this toe. I refused and jumped out of the bed and shouted at him. “What do you think you are doing Alhaji? What is the meaning of this? Nooo! I won’t agree, over my dead body. You better take your filthy money…”
“Don’t get yourself worked up over nothing young girl. That is what I want from you and if you refused, I will call the security men and report that you have stolen my money. The money I gave you and the other ones in my briefcase are numbered serially. It’s my words against yours, you know. Will you answer me now before I call them!” He bawled.
What have I led myself into now? I pinched myself to make sure I was not dreaming. I started begging him and tried to explain to him why I could not descend so low to such an act. He grabbed me in his bear like claw and dumped me forcefully on the bed. All my strength deserted me.  He hit me on the chest, it was then I realized that he had another ring on his left middle finger. I felt as if I was in a trance. I was transfixed on the bed as if some unforeseen forces were pressing me down.
I was conscious of what he was doing, but I could not move. He forced my legs apart and first dipped his ringed fingers into my vaginal before inserting his big toe into it.
As he did this, he started murmuring some inaudible incantations. After about ten minutes that seemed like an eternity he stopped and wiped my vaginal with a white handkerchief asked me to dress up. I obeyed him like a zombie, picked my bag and fearfully scampered out of the chalet.
 I was too afraid; I could not discuss my experience with anybody.  When I got back on the campus, I suddenly remembered Kate. It seemed she had not finished yet with her man. I opened my bag again to confirm if the money the Alhaji gave me was still there. It was there quite alright. I was furious with myself and I hated Kate for what happened. How did she come about these types of men? Did she go through the same ordeal I went  through?
When after two days and I did not see or hear from Kate, I became worried and alarmed. I decided to go back to the Hotel surreptitiously to enquire about her whereabouts.  The receptionist whom I met was the one on duty on the day of our first visit.  I could recognize her because she was starring inquisitively at us that night. She too recognized me immediately.
She informed me that immediately I entered the chalet with my man, Kate and her man changed their minds and decided to go elsewhere for the night promising to be back later, but they did not. We tried to check the records, the names, the address and telephone numbers were fictitious. I tried Kate’s number again, it was responding switched off.
There was massive search for Kate on radio, television and Newspapers to no avail. Her parents were distraught. Luckily for me, they could not trace her disappearance to me, because we did not discuss the outing with anybody. Kate’s disappearance remained a misery up till today. Her issue used to crop up during our discussions until we all passed out of the school.
Since that horrible encounter I had with the brute, I always got this sickening sensation all over my body, my womb was always hot.  After several operations, nothing has been found by the doctors but the sickness persisted. I have not been able to get any job either. Who will employ a sick person; a human effigy of packs of bones?

My parents did not give up on me; they were taking me from one hospital to the other. I have now become a burden on them. They kept on wondering what had become of their once boisterous and dashing daughter. Neighbours were peddling rumours about that I was suffering from AIDS, but several tests had proved negative. Deep inside me I knew I was a victim of money making ritual.          8FADEE8                                                                        

No comments :

Post a Comment