Sunday 24 July 2016

FEMININE FLAIRS: BIG, BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL

By Bukky Idowu

How do you see yourself sister? It is the way you see yourself that is quite important. You don’t have to bother your head on how people see you. I always feel sad when people complain about fat, plump, robust, plus–sized or more derogatory word “Orobo” ladies. I feel sadder when this object of ridicule complain about their shape as if they created themselves.

Is it a crime to be fat? If what is written in the Holy writ is anything to go by, we are all created in God’s image, therefore it is sinful to complain about the way God created us.
As a plus–sized lady, I know what it is to be subjected to ridicule. I have been taunted by friends and foes since I was a kid. I have learnt to be who I am and not what people want me to be. I don’t like it when you say “fat” It is too vulgar! So you’ll pardon me if I have to use the word plus–sized or don’t you think it is more like it.

As a plus–sized lady, inferiority complex is the monster you need to battle and win in order to see your good side. As for me, I’m okay now. I live my life to the fullest not comparing myself with someone else. I now see the better side of myself. I take the taunting as compliments.

I now see myself as the “TRIPPLE B”, Big, Bold and Beautiful. It is when you kill the monster in you that the angel will be let loose and you will feel beautiful from inside.
I therefore implore my plus–sized colleagues to desist from watching, listening or reading literature that would dampen their spirits. There are encouraging television programmes and video to boost your morale.


NOTE: READERS REACTIONS ARE WELCOME

No comments :

Post a Comment