Tuesday 2 August 2016

LEAN ON ME: Aunty Meg

Dear Aunty Meg,
I commiserate with Edile on the sudden demise of her husband. I pray that God will
help her solve her problem that seems insurmountable

My plight is similar to her own. My husband died from wounds sustained in a gas explosion that happened in their factory late last year. My problem has been his immediate younger brother, who though married, insisted on taking me as his second wife. I have vehemently rejected this.

He has been very desperate these days, few months ago, he entered my bedroom and attempted to rape me. My saving grace was some Christian brethren who came for house fellowship in our compound. They heard my cry and came to my rescue. He told them not to meddle in his marital affairs. I countered him and he left shamefully.

I know the issue will not end there. What can I do?
_ Janet


At this rate, I think it is high time the government came to the rescue of widows or better still the females in government should champion this cause 

No comments :

Post a Comment