Monday 5 December 2016

LEAN ON ME: Aunty Meg


Dear Aunty Meg,

I am in a fix I married my present husband after the untimely demise of my former husband. We had only one daughter after several years of remaining childless. He died when the girl was just twelve years old. I eventually settled with a widower who had grown up children. Not long after my packing into his house, he lost his job. He suddenly became a changed man. He became a drunk and was nagging like hell. My trouble started when I caught him sleeping with my thirteen years old daughter. The girl confessed that he had been doing this with her for some time, but threatened to kill her if she spills the bean. On sighting this gory scene, I could not control myself. I made a fuss over the issue. Our neighbors intervened and he was arrested by the police. His children rallied round him and he was released on bail.
 


Since then I knew no peace. His children had threatened me with eviction from their house. The shameless man had even refused to talk to me since he was released on bail. What can I do now?

-Binta .

I think the only option left for you is to pack out of that God forsaken place. There is no way you can find peace in that house again. The battle line is drawn. The children had seen nothing wrong in what their father had done. This is quite unfortunate. Obtaining his bail from police custody does not mean the end of the case. We have competent bodies that see to the plights of women and defenseless citizens. Seek their assistance or better still get in touch with me. This man must not go unpunished.

-Aunty Meg

No comments :

Post a Comment